TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to Letsprocure. Your access to and use of our services are covered by the terms and conditions below. Use of our services signifies an acceptance of these terms and conditions, which constitute a legally binding agreement between you and Letsprocure (Project of ALM Associates) (hereinafter “Letsprocure”).
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Letsprocure.
- You acknowledge and agree that Letsprocure may amend any Terms at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms on Letsprocure. By continuing to use the Services or the Website, you agree that the amended Terms will apply to you.
- These Terms may not otherwise be modified except in writing by an authorized officer of Letsprocure.
PROVISION OF SERVICES
- You are contracting with Letsprocure under Pakistan law.
- You must register as a member on the Website in order to access and use some Services. Letsprocure reserves the right, without prior notice, to restrict access to or use of certain Services (or any features within the Services) to paying Users or subject to other conditions that Letsprocure may impose in our discretion.
- The availability of Services (or any features within the Services) may vary for different cities of Pakistan. No warranty or representation is given that a particular Service or feature or function thereof or the same type and extent of the Service or features and functions thereof will be available for Users. Letsprocure may in our sole discretion limit, deny or create different level of access to and use of any Services (or any features within the Services) with respect to different Users.
- Letsprocure may launch, change, upgrade, impose conditions to, suspend, or stop any Services (or any features within the Services) without prior notice except that in case of a fee-based Service, such changes will not substantially adversely affect the paying Users in enjoying that Service.
- As a condition of your access to and use of the Website or Services, you agree that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using the Website or Services.
- You agree to use the Website or Services solely for your own private and internal purposes. You agree that (a) you will not copy, reproduce, download, re-publish, sell, distribute or resell any Services or any information, text, images, graphics, video clips, sound, directories, files, databases or listings, etc. available on or through the Website (the “Website Content”), and (b) you will not copy, reproduce, download, compile or otherwise use any Website Content for the purposes of operating a business that competes with Letsprocure, or otherwise commercially exploiting the Website Content. Systematic retrieval of Website Content from the Website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory (whether through robots, spiders, automatic devices or manual processes) without written permission from Letsprocure is prohibited. Use of any content or materials on the Website for any purpose not expressly permitted in the Terms is prohibited.
- Letsprocure may allow Users to access to content, products or services offered by third parties through hyperlinks (in the form of word link, banners, channels or otherwise), API or otherwise to such third parties’ web sites. You are cautioned to read such web sites’ terms and conditions and/or privacy policies before using the Sites. You acknowledge that Letsprocure has no control over such third parties’ web sites, does not monitor such web sites, and shall not be responsible or liable to anyone for such web sites, or any content, products or services made available on such web sites.
- You agree not to undertake any action to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks of Letsprocure and/or any other User nor to gain unauthorized access to such computer systems or networks.
- You agree not to undertake any action which may undermine the integrity of Letsprocure feedback system, such as leaving positive feedback for yourself using secondary Member IDs or through third parties or by leaving unsubstantiated negative feedback for another User.
- By posting or displaying any information, content or material (“User Content”) on the Website or providing any User Content to Letsprocure or our representative(s), you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to Letsprocure to display, transmit, distribute, reproduce, publish, duplicate, adapt, modify, translate, create derivative works, and otherwise use any or all of the User Content in any form, media, or technology now known or not currently known in any manner and for any purpose which may be beneficial to the operation of the Website, the provision of any Services and/or the business of the User. You confirm and warrant to Letsprocure that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
- Users must be registered on the Website to access or use some Services (a registered User is also referred to as a “Member” below). Except with Letsprocurer’s approval, one User may only register one member account on the Website. Letsprocure may cancel or terminate a User’s member account if Letsprocure has reasons to suspect that the User has concurrently registered or controlled two or more member accounts. Further, Letsprocure may reject User’s application for registration for any reason.
- Upon registration on the Website, Letsprocure shall assign an account and issue a member ID and password (the latter shall be chosen by a registered User during registration) to each registered User. An account may have a web-based email account with limited storage space for the Member to send or receive emails.
- A set of Member ID and password is unique to a single account. Each Member shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Member ID and password and for all activities that occur under your account. No Member may share, assign, or permit the use of your Member account, ID or password by another person outside of the Member’s own business entity. Member agrees to notify Letsprocure immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or your account or any other breach of security of your account.
- Member agrees that all activities that occur under your account (including without limitation, posting any company or product information, clicking to accept any Additional Agreements or rules, subscribing to or making any payment for any services, sending emails using the email account or sending SMS) will be deemed to have been authorized by the Member.
- Member acknowledges that sharing of your account with other persons, or allowing multiple users outside of your business entity to use your account (collectively, “multiple use”), may cause irreparable harm to Letsprocure or other Users of the Website. Member shall indemnify Letsprocure, our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives against any loss or damages (including but not limited to loss of profits) suffered as a result of the multiple use of your account. Member also agrees that in case of the multiple use of your account or Member’s failure to maintain the security of your account, Letsprocure shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from such a breach and shall have the right to suspend or terminate Member’s account without liability to Member.
- Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that (a) you have full power and authority to accept the Terms, to grant the license and authorization and to perform the obligations hereunder; (b) you use the Website and Services for business purposes only; and (c) the address you provide when registering is the principal place of business of your business entity. For purposes of this provision, a branch or liaison office will not be considered a separate entity and your principal place of business will be deemed to be that of your head office.
- Member will be required to provide information or material about your entity, business or products/services as part of the registration process on the Website or your use of any Service or the member account. Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that (a) such information and material whether submitted during the registration process or thereafter throughout the continuation of the use of the Website or Service is true, accurate, current and complete, and (b) you will maintain and promptly amend all information and material to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that (a) you shall be solely responsible for obtaining all necessary third party licenses and permissions regarding any User Content that you submit, post or display; (b) any User Content that you submit, post or display does not infringe or violate any of the copyright, patent, trademark, trade name, trade secrets or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party (“Third Party Rights”); and (c) you have the right and authority to sell, trade, distribute or export or offer to sell, trade, distribute or export the products or services described in the User Content and such sale, trade, distribution or export or offer does not violate any Third Party Rights.
- Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that the User Content that you
submit, post or display shall:
- be true, accurate, complete and lawful;
- not be false, misleading or deceptive;
- not contain information that is defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing, obscene, objectionable, offensive, sexually explicit or harmful to minors;
- not contain information that is discriminatory or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- not violate the Product Listing Policy, other Terms or any applicable Additional Agreements
- not violate any applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, or false advertising) or promote any activities which may violate any applicable laws and regulations;
- not contain any link directly or indirectly to any other web Website which includes any content that may violate the Terms.
- Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that you shall:
- carry on your activities on the Website in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations;
- conduct your business transactions with other users of the Website in good faith;
- carry on your activities in accordance with the Terms and any applicable Additional Agreements;
- not use the Services or Website to defraud any person or entity (including without limitation sale of stolen items, use of stolen credit/debit cards);
- not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- not engage in spamming or phishing;
- not engage in any other unlawful activities (including without limitation those which would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, etc.) or encourage or abet any unlawful activities;
- not involve attempts to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate Letsprocure’s various proprietary directories, databases and listings;
- not involve any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;
- not involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the data, systems or networks used by Letsprocure and/or any user of the Website or gain unauthorized access to such data, systems or networks;
- not engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability for Letsprocure or our affiliates.
- Member may not use the Services and member account to engage in activities which are identical or similar to Letsprocure’s e-commerce marketplace business.
- If Member provides a business referee, Member represents, warrants and agrees that you have obtained all necessary consents, approvals and waivers from your business partners and associates to (a) act as your business referee; (b) post and publish their contact details and information, reference letters and comments on their behalf; and (c) that third parties may contact such business referees to support claims or statements made about you. You further warrant and agree that all reference letters and comments are true and accurate and third parties may contact the business referees without the need to obtain your consent.
- Member agrees to provide all necessary information, materials and approval, and render all reasonable assistance and cooperation necessary for Letsprocure’s provision of the Services, evaluating whether Member has breached the Terms and/or handling any complaint against the Member. If Member’s failure to do so results in delay in, or suspension or termination of, the provision of any Service, Letsprocure shall not be obliged to extend the relevant service period nor shall be liable for any loss or damages arising from such delay, suspension or termination.
- Member acknowledges and agrees that Letsprocure shall not be required to actively monitor nor exercise any editorial control whatsoever over the content of any message or material or information created, obtained or accessible through the Services or Website. Letsprocure does not endorse, verify or otherwise certify the contents of any comments or other material or information made by any Member. Each Member is solely responsible for the contents of their communications and may be held legally liable or accountable for the content of their comments or other material or information
- Member acknowledges and agrees that each Member is solely responsible for observing applicable laws and regulations in its respective jurisdictions to ensure that all use of the Website and Services are in compliance with the same.
- Letsprocure reserves the right in our sole discretion to remove, modify or reject any User Content that you submit to, post or display on the Website which we reasonably believe is unlawful, violates the Terms, could subject Letsprocure or our affiliates to liability, or is otherwise found inappropriate in Letsprocure’s opinion.
- If any Member breaches any Terms or if Letsprocure has reasonable grounds to believe that any Member is in breach of any the Terms, Letsprocure shall have the right to impose a penalty against the Member, or suspend or terminate the Member’s account or subscription of any Service without any liability to the Member. Letsprocure shall also have the right to restrict, refuse or ban any and all current or future use of any other Service that may be provided by Letsprocure. The penalties that Letsprocure may impose include, among others, warning, removing any product listing or other User Content that the Member has submitted, posted or displayed, imposing restrictions on the number of product listings that the Member may post or display, or imposing restrictions on the Member’s use of any features or functions of any Service for such period as Letsprocure may consider appropriate in our sole discretion.
- Without limiting the generality of the provisions of the Terms, a Member would be
considered as being in breach of the Terms in any of the following circumstances:
- upon complaint or claim from any third party, Letsprocure has reasonable grounds to believe that such Member has willfully or materially failed to perform your contract with such third party including without limitation where the Member has failed to deliver any items ordered by such third party after receipt of the purchase price, or where the items Member has delivered materially fail to meet the terms and descriptions outlined in your contract with such third party,
- Letsprocure has reasonable grounds to suspect that such Member has used a stolen credit card or other false or misleading information in any transaction with a counter party,
- Letsprocure has reasonable grounds to suspect that any information provided by the Member is not current or complete or is untrue, inaccurate, or misleading, or
- Letsprocure believes that the Member’s actions may cause financial loss or legal liability to Letsprocure or our affiliates or any other Users.
- Letsprocure reserves the right to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, Letsprocure may disclose the Member’s identity and contact information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action. Letsprocure shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and Member agrees not to bring any action or claim against Letsprocure for such disclosure.
- If a Member is in breach of the Terms, Letsprocure also reserves the right to publish the records of such breach on the Website.
- Each Member agrees to indemnify Letsprocure, our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives and to hold them harmless, from any and all damages, losses, claims and liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from your submission, posting or display of any User Content, from your use of the Website or Services, or from your breach of the Terms.
- Each Member further agrees that Letsprocure is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you or anyone else for any User Content or other material transmitted over the Website, including fraudulent, untrue, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illicit material and that the risk of damage from such material rests entirely with each Member. Letsprocure reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the Member, in which event the Member shall cooperate with Letsprocure in asserting any available defenses.
TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN BUYERS AND SELLERS
- Through the Website, Letsprocure provides electronic web-based platforms for exchanging information between buyers and sellers of products and services. Letsprocure additionally provides electronic web-based transaction platforms for Members to place, accept, conclude, manage and fulfill orders for the provision of products and services online within the Website. However, for any Services, Letsprocure does not represent either the seller or the buyer in specific transactions. Letsprocure does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Website or the ability of the sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
- Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretenses. Letsprocure uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of certain information our paying Users provide us when they register for a paying membership service on the Website. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, Letsprocure cannot and does not confirm each User’s purported identity (including, without limitation, paying Members). We encourage you to use various means, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
- Each User acknowledges that it is fully assuming the risks of conducting any purchase and sale transactions in connection with using the Website or Services, and that it is fully assuming the risks of liability or harm of any kind in connection with subsequent activity of any kind relating to products or services that are the subject of transactions using the Website. Such risks shall include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory quality, failure to meet specifications, defective or dangerous products, unlawful products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost miscalculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract and transportation accidents. Such risks also include the risks that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Website may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights, and the risk that User may incur costs of defense or other costs in connection with third parties’ assertion of Third Party Rights, or in connection with any claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to assertions of rights, demands or claims by Third Party Rights claimants. Such risks also include the risks that consumers, other purchasers, end-users of products or others claiming to have suffered injuries or harms relating to products originally obtained by Users of the Website as a result of purchase and sale transactions in connection with using the Website may suffer harms and/or assert claims arising from their use of such products. All of the foregoing risks are hereafter referred to as “Transaction Risks”. Each User agrees that Letsprocure shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may arise a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
- Users are solely responsible for all of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Website or Services, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, returns, warranties, shipping, insurance, fees, taxes, title, licenses, fines, permits, handling, transportation and storage.
- User agrees to provide all information and materials as may be reasonably required by Letsprocure in connection with your transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Website or Services. Letsprocure has the right to suspend or terminate any User’s account if the User fails to provide the required information and materials.
- In the event that any User has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such User agrees to release and indemnify Letsprocure (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including without limitation any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with such transaction.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the services provided by Letsprocure on or through the Website are provided “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults”, and Letsprocure hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties of condition, quality, durability, performance, accuracy, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All such warranties, representations, conditions, and undertakings are hereby excluded.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Letsprocure makes no representations or warranties about the validity, accuracy, correctness, reliability, quality, stability, completeness or correctness of any information provided on or through the website; Letsprocure does not represent or warrant that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the website does not violate any third party rights; and Letsprocure makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning any product or service offered or displayed on the website.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website is done at each User’s sole discretion and risk and each User is solely responsible for any damage to Letsprocure’s computer system or loss of data that may result from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any User from Letsprocure through or from the Website shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- The Website may make available to User services or products provided by independent third parties. No warranty or representation is made with regard to such services or products. In no event shall Letsprocure and our affiliates be held liable for any such services or products.
- Each User hereby agrees to indemnify and save Letsprocure, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from such User’s use of the Website or Services (including but not limited to the display of such User’s information on the Website) or from your breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Terms. Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save Letsprocure, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from User’s breach of any representations and warranties made by User to Letsprocure, including but not limited to those set forth in Section 5 hereunder.
- Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save Letsprocure, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of any claims asserted by Third Party Rights claimants or other third parties relating to products offered or displayed on the Website. Each User hereby further agrees that Letsprocure is not responsible and shall have no liability to you, for any material posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material and that the risk of damages from such material rests entirely with each User. Letsprocure reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with Letsprocure in asserting any available defenses.
- Letsprocure shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive,
incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not
limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of
information), whether in contract, negligence, tort, equity or otherwise or any
other damages resulting from any of the following.
- the use or the inability to use the Website or Services;
- any defect in goods, samples, data, information or services purchased or obtained from a User or any other third party through the Website;
- violation of Third Party Rights or claims or demands that User’s manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Website may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights; or claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to assertions of rights, demands or claims by Third Party Rights claimants;
- unauthorized access by third parties to data or private information of any User;
- statements or conduct of any User of the Website; or;
- any matters relating to Services however arising, including negligence.
- Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, the aggregate liability of Letsprocure, our employees, agents, affiliates, representatives or anyone acting on our behalf with respect to each User for all claims arising from the use of the Website or Services during any calendar year shall be limited to the greater of (a) the amount of fees the User has paid to Letsprocure or our affiliates during the calendar year and (b) the maximum amount permitted in the applicable law. The preceding sentence shall not preclude the requirement by the User to prove actual damages. All claims arising from the use of the Website or Services must be filed within one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose or such longer period as prescribed under any applicable law governing this Term of Use...
- The limitations and exclusions of liability to you under the Terms shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law and shall apply whether or not Letsprocure has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
- Under no circumstances shall Letsprocure be held liable for any delay or failure or disruption of the content or services delivered through the Website resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, flood, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of third parties.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Letsprocure is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights and interests in the Website and the Website Content. The Website and Website Content embody trade secrets and other intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Website and Website Content shall remain with Letsprocure, our affiliates or licensors of the Site Content, as the case may be. All rights not otherwise claimed under the Terms or by Letsprocure are hereby reserved.
- “Letsprocure” and related icons and logos are registered trademarks of Letsprocure and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
- All legal notices or demands to or upon Letsprocure shall be made in writing and sent to Letsprocure personally, by courier, certified mail, or facsimile to the following entity and address Letsprocure, 310, Clifton Centre, Block-5, Clifton, Karachi. The notices shall be effective when they are received by Letsprocure in any of the above-mentioned manner.
- All legal notices or demands to or upon a User shall be effective if either
delivered personally, sent by courier, certified mail, by facsimile or email to the
last-known correspondence, fax or email address provided by the User to Letsprocure,
or by posting such notice or demand on an area of the Website that is publicly
accessible without a charge. Notice to a User shall be deemed to be received by such
User if and when.
- Letsprocure is able to demonstrate that communication, whether in physical or electronic form, has been sent to such User, or
- Immediately upon Letsprocure posting such notice on an area of the Website that is publicly accessible without charge.
- You agree that all agreements, notices, demands, disclosures and other communications that Letsprocure sends to you electronically satisfy the legal requirement that such communication should be in writing.
- Subject to any Additional Agreements, the Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Letsprocure with respect to and govern your use of the Website and Services, superseding any prior written or oral agreements in relation to the same subject matter herein.
- Letsprocure and you are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by the Terms.
- If any provision of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain valid and be enforced.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
- Letsprocure’s failure to enforce any right or failure to act with respect to any breach by you under the Terms will not constitute a waiver of that right nor a waiver of Letsprocure’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Letsprocure shall have the right to assign the Terms (including all of our rights, titles, benefits, interests, and obligations and duties in the Terms to any person or entity (including any affiliates of Letsprocure). You may not assign, in whole or part, the Terms to any person or entity.
You shall be responsible for payment of all fees/costs/charges associated with the purchase of products from the Site and you agree to bear any and all applicable taxes as per prevailing law.